Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-47 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Love-Hounds digest V12 #389

From: ANGLTRED@aol.com
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 1996 17:15:25 -0500
Subject: Re: Love-Hounds digest V12 #389
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

<<  I mean people might look at Alanis (and do) and they'd say, "oh , she's
 just a Kate clone"  she kind of looks similar and her voice fluctuates
 quite a lot in her songs, like Kate.

 And what's wrong with Generation X?  We're not all drugged up,
 undisciplined, low-lifes, who listen to a load of crap music.

 Oh, sorry that applies to Generation 60's, Generation 70's, Generation 80's

I didn't intend to slam Gen X by saying Alanis is the epitome of Gen X'rs.
 She speaks well for that generation (of which I think I am still included,
albeit on the edge).  Alanis and Kate don't look similar...I just don't see
it, unless the fact that they both have dark hair is all you see.  And
Alanis'  voice does fluctuate, as well as many other artist's voice, but
never like Kate's.  I am a fan of Alanis as well as many other great female
artists, but am ever truly devoted to the Kate Bush.  Alanis is in a class of
her own, just as are many great artists like Happy Rhodes, Joni Mitchell,
Tori Amos, Jane Siberry and of course, last but certainly not least, KATE
BUSH.  It's no slam to say any of them are no Kate Bush.  It's quite the
opposite.  They can do their own thing and stand on their own as amazing
artists and THAT is what music is all about.

Just my opinion, take it with a grain of salt! :-)

On the topic of Kate, I'm sitting here at my computer, by the open window and
someone just drove by my house blasting "Big Stripey Lie" on their car
stereo.  That's a first!  Cool! :-)

~~~Samantha