Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-47 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

RE: Alannis is no Kate Bush

From: nth-wave@easynet.co.uk (Dave Watkins)
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 1996 13:55:12 -0300
Subject: RE: Alannis is no Kate Bush
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

<< What do you lot feel about Alanis Morissette.  I mean she does bear some
 similarities to Kate.   >>

>I think Alannis was a refreshing new vocalist / lyricist the first 30,000
>times I heard "You oughta Know" but the last 124,000 times I'm not so sure...
> :-P
>
>Alanis is no Kate.  No way, no how.  She is the epitome of "Generation X" and
>I don't really see how she has anything in common with Kate, except for
>perhaps the fact that they both got started young.
>
>Just my two cents
>~~Sam

I mean people might look at Alanis (and do) and they'd say, "oh , she's
just a Kate clone"  she kind of looks similar and her voice fluctuates
quite a lot in her songs, like Kate.

And what's wrong with Generation X?  We're not all drugged up,
undisciplined, low-lifes, who listen to a load of crap music.

Oh, sorry that applies to Generation 60's, Generation 70's, Generation 80's ....

Dave