Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-47 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

LR's Tori Concert

From: "Layton, Laszlo" <LAYTONL@spp11.msmail.spe.sony.COM>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 96 12:25:00 PST
Subject: LR's Tori Concert
To: love-hounds <love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu>
Encoding: 30 TEXT
Sender: owner-love-hounds

[I really tried to be open minded about the whole Tori/Kate thing.
I went to a Tori concert and was really surprised at how rude
Tori was to the audience.  She stopped the show several times
complaining that she could hear beer bottles being kicked around
on the floor.  She also stopped the show when she thought people
were talking too loud?

Get a grip woman!  If you play in a bar, you need to accept that
atmosphere.  It's not the same venue that the symphony plays.

I really felt that I paid money to perform for her.  I had to show
how I could sit still and be quiet for her.  And if I was lucky,
she might acknowledge my presence.

LR]
 -------------------------------
LR--please!!  Sounds like you didn't try to be open minded at all.  By the
nature of her performance, the audience needs to be quiet in order to hear
it--this isn't a Metallica concert, after all.  Tori telling a couple of
noisy assholes to be quiet is out of respect for the majority of her
audience who came to listen to her sing--not to hear some drunks "kick
around beer bottles".  ["I had to show how I could sit still and be quiet
for her."]  Meaning you would normally stand up and scream though the whole
show?  I hope to God you're not in the seat in front of me when/if I ever
have the privilege of seeing Kate in concert!

Laszlo
"I want a mouth like a crimson gash!"