Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-47 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

boots and gods

From: R.Jones@mirinz.org.nz
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 1996 12:57 +1200
Subject: boots and gods
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds

     Robb sez re goddesses:

        I can't help but feel that Kate -- who reverently mentions Jesus
        on WSILY -- would be not flattered, but embarassed and aghast by
        this kind of imagining. Isn't it this type of attention that she
        eschews?

        Don't get me wrong. I was not offended...merely concerned that
        this is exactly the kind of 'Kate as deity' post that disallows
        her to be human (as Laurie put so well). Now I hope I don't
        offend you, but if you were to direct this type of attention to
        me, I know I'd run like hell.

     I agree. Imagine how embarrassed/angry/amazed people such as Christ
     might feel having viewed what we have created in their name and over
     the last 2000 years! But then, we humans seem to find our gods and
     then mould them to suit our own purposes.

     ---Another boot??---

     Hey, I was snooping through my local record store on the weekend and
     found a Kate boot I hadn't seen before. It's called 'Kate Bush -
     Mystical Lady', 'produced' by EPI. It seems to contain good recordings
     from the Tour of Life (some hiss and popp plus those annoying cut ins
     and cut outs - ie no fading). Does anyone know the origin of this one?

     Cheers
     Rhys