Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-46 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate fans and Tori ....

From: uthink@ibm.net
Date: 28 Nov 1996 15:27:10 GMT
Subject: Re: Kate fans and Tori ....
To: rec-music-gaffa@mail.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

>(1) An opinion that Kate is much better ....and Tori copies her
>style.
>(2) An understandably human longing that Kate was pursuing the same
>media exposure as Ms. Amos.
>(3)A fear that Kate will be seen as "old news" when compared to Tori.

I really tried to be open minded about the whole Tori/Kate thing.
I went to a Tori concert and was really surprised at how rude
Tori was to the audience.  She stopped the show several times
complaining that she could hear beer bottles being kicked around
on the floor.  She also stopped the show when she thought people
were talking too loud?

Get a grip woman!  If you play in a bar, you need to accept that
atmosphere.  It's not the same venue that the symphony plays.

I really felt that I paid money to perform for her.  I had to show
how I could sit still and be quiet for her.  And if I was lucky,
she might acknowledge my presence.

LR
 uthink@ibm.net

"If we are all born as "originals,"