Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-46 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Tapes and Gods

From: chrisw@wwa.com (Chris Williams)
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 96 06:39:10 GMT
Subject: Re: Tapes and Gods
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

>Note: On the Katetopia tape there is also an interview with Kate from the
>Hounds of Love era.  It was accidentally left out of the play list.
>
>Kate is God SRI -- From my point of view: I often say this in a joking way
>because it IS kind of funny and wry, poking fun at the dilemma of celebrity.
>
>I also say it sometimes when talking about Kate's work, and in those cases
>mean it. But in the same way any of us means it when we greet another with
>"Namaste" and a slight bow to honor the sacred in that being.  I am not
>honoring Kate the person in the way Christians honor Jesus the person as a
>chip off the old god, but in the way that I honor the presence of godhead in
>every person, every animal, every rock and stone and tree.  (Whew!  That's a
>lot of bowing in one day!)

   Can somebody wake Peter Manchester up?

   Peter? PETER!

   (To those who are joining us late, one of our most beloved Love-Hounds
is teaches at SUNY Stonybrook.)

   A query of "Pater Manchester" yielded:

Peter Manchester, Associate Professor (Ph.D., 1972, Graduate Theological
Union)
1. New Testament, early Christian literature, religion in the Graeco-Roman
world, Neoplatonism and philosophical religion;
2. Hermeneutics.

   Man, do I love AltaVista!

Chris Williams of
   Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
      chrisw@wwa.com
"How perfectly goddamn delightful it all is, to be sure" - C. Crumb