Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-46 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Single File

From: lratclif@astro.ocis.temple.edu (Laurie Ratcliff)
Date: 2 Dec 1996 19:19:44 GMT
Subject: Re: Single File
To: rec-music-gaffa@nac.no
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

miasma226@aol.com wrote:
: In article <56t58v$6ke@cronkite.ocis.temple.edu>,
: lratclif@astro.ocis.temple.edu (Laurie Ratcliff) writes:
: > Some of you might hurt me for this, but the videos are, on the whole,
: >embarassingly bad,

: That's exactly what I was thnking.  But then again....you have to put them
: into a timeframe.  Kate was not Duran Duran, a band that had a look, but
: not much of anything to say.  Kate has a look....but, you know what I
: mean.  I did enjoy There Goes a Tenner.  And I enjoyed Hammer Horror for
: what it was, a dance piece.  But, what is up with Suspended in Gaffa (I
: can almost make a connection with the video the dance and the song, but
: she is definetly making me work with this one!)

   i liked There Goes a Tenner a lot. I think it could have been much
better if they had put just a little more time into the set, and a little
less into making those silly computer effects. Of course, that's me
speaking from ten years later, and special effects have gotten so much
more refined since then.... I didn't like Suspended in Gaffa the first
time i saw it, but the second time around i decided that it was
definitely pretty cool, if not a high point in Kate's film career. 8) So
i guess they're not so bad, considering when they're from, but i still
think Kate could have done a better job with her ideas for the videos,
even if it was the 80's.
   Now, the Hounds of Love videos and the Experiment IV video, they're a
completely different story. I LOVE those! I haven't seen them in years
because i can't find the Whole Story tape anywhere (grr!). Sigh. Does
anyone know where i can find a copy (NTSC)?
  Talking about videos is fun.
     -=-laurie
 Come... dry your eyes, for you are life, rarer than a quark and
unpredictable beyond the dreams of Heisenberg; the clay in which the
forces that shape all things leave their fingerprints most clearly. Dry
your eyes.... and let's go home.
      -Alan Moore