Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-46 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

(diffs) FAQ: rec.music.gaffa - Love-Hounds - Kate Bush

From: Ulrich Grepel <uli@zoodle.robin.de>
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 96 22:21:42 +0100
Subject: (diffs) FAQ: rec.music.gaffa - Love-Hounds - Kate Bush
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Archive-name: music/kate-bush-faq-diffs
Last-modified: 1996/12/01
Version: 1.4.u minus 1.4.t

This is a human understandable 'diff' from previous month's FAQ to this
month's FAQ.

If you are on the mailing list (love-hounds) instead of rec.music.gaffa this
is all you will get without further action.  The full version is posted to
rec.music.gaffa only.  You can get a full copy of the FAQ by requesting it from
me (uli@zoodle.robin.de), or by sending email to majordomo@gryphon.com with the
message contents being "get love-hounds-digest FAQ".  If you can't receive more
than 64KB in one piece I can split the FAQ for you.

All paragraphs which have been changed/added/deleted are listed here,
additional comments in []s.  Cosmetical changes aren't listed.

Welcome back!

I haven't read all those 2000+ emails in my incoming mailbox, but since there's
a couple of things that should be mentioned a bit sooner than this will be done,
here's the FAQ, or rather the differences to the previous version. Not a lot so
far, I still have a lot of mail to catch up on.

In the meantime, thanks to Vickie, and yes, I can watch'em. *HUGs*

Bye,

Uli

-------------------8<-------------------

4.4. Basic Discography/Videography

     Prince's (or rather squiggle, symbol, whatever...) latest triple studio
     album "emancipation" contains a song, "My Computer", which features Kate
     on backing vocals, alas, you won't have a chance to find out without being
     told so.  It's unknown so far whether "My Computer" will be a single or if
     you have to buy the triple CD.

[Well, as I've written - if it would not be for the credits and for the mentions
here, I would *not* have noted Kate. As it is, I'm still not really sure which
parts of the song is her. It's really difficult to make her out. As far as I can
tell, she doesn't have a single second where her voice is the only voice. I might
be wrong, if so, please tell me. Anyhow, this is the song with Kate on BVs where
she is most difficult to hear. My recommendation: if you're not a must-have-all
type of fan, wait for the single. If the single doesn't happen, well...]

     Kate has worked with a lot of other artists

     - Prince
       - My Computer.  From "emancipation"

[rest of this entry]

4.5. Other Artists using Kate's work

     Cover versions of Kate's songs:

     Wuthering Heights
        Kate's Project
            - total recall (sampler)

[another sampler, this time from Australia, featuring this strange version of
Wuthering Heights. Dino Music DIN436D]

     Books mentioning Kate Bush:

     Terry Pratchett - Eric
        [...]
        This footnote in "Eric" is also mentioned in David Langford's book
        "Terry Pratchett's Discworld Quizbook - The Unseen University
        Challenge", a book featuring various curious tids & bits from the
        discworld series.

[a citation of a reference - well... {"well..." describes the quality of the
conneKTion, not of the book}]

5.9. Miscellaneous

     December Will Be Magic Again
        This is originally a single on its own, but has now been used in
        almost too many singles as a b-side (Experiment IV, Moments Of
        Pleasure (UK)), and is quite often used on Christmas samplers by EMI.
        Two of these featured an alternate ('bongo') version of the song.

[Only one change - the number of samplers containing the 'bongo' version
increased from one to two. If you haven't gotten it yet and if you're still
looking for it, here's another chance: "The No.1 Christmas Album - 40 Classic
Christmas Tracks", 2CDs, PolyGram TV, 525 978-2, UK, (c) 1995. Yes, it's from
last year, but I was able to find a copy in Wellington, New Zealand, about
three weeks ago...]

--
"Ein 32-Bit-Betriebssystem fuer uns?" - "Wozu? Wir haben doch zwei mit 16."
[IBM ad promoting OS/2] "Bah, ich habe 4 mit 8!" [comment from Sven Wachter]