Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-45 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Just wondering...

From: chrisw@wwa.com (Chris Williams)
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 96 07:39:23 GMT
Subject: Just wondering...
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

    "Skippy" has been trying to intrude into my life in the past few weeks.
First, Kate doing backing vocals on _My Computer_, then last night when
we went to see Iris Dement at one of our favorite venues here in Chicago,
the Park West. In the middle of the concert, Iris mentioned that they
were opening for Prince, and the huge black fabric lumps behind them
covered his equipment.

   When we went outside, sure enough, there was a crowd waiting to get in,
most of them with the symbol somewhere on their person.

   Which leads me to ask -

    Kate has featured a symbol on her albums since day one - far longer
than Squiggle. What would we do if the space aliens took control of
Kate's brain, and told her to start insisting on being refered to as
"(unpronounceable KT-fem symbol")?

Chris Williams of
   Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
      chrisw@wwa.com
"How perfectly goddamn delightful it all is, to be sure" - C. Crumb