Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-45 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Irish playwright praises Kate ......

From: "SEAN TWOMEY (ARCHAEOLOGY) PG" <twomeys@acadamh.ucd.ie>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 16:14:30 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Irish playwright praises Kate ......
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Hi all ,

In a newly published book of writings on music by well-known figures
in the irish 'arts' , acclaimed playwright Frank McGuinness chooses
Lionheart as one of his all-time favourite recordings .

He comments that "This woman deserves all the praise she gets ." He
goes on to say his favourites are Wow ("a pantomime"),Symphony In
Blue and Kashka from Bagdhad ("these songs are erotic, so very, very
erotic"), and the title track which he sees as a sort of "national
anthem" .He concludes by saying :"What more do you want? Perfection ?
Then listen to her entire body of work ."

McGuinness also mentions Joni Mitchell's Blue as a particular
favourite ......
The book is called 'My Generation' (Liliputt Press).

Another quick newsbit : The new compilation album 'The Best of All
Woman ,Vol. 2' contains Moments Of Pleasure on its second CD .I think
I'm right in saying that this is the first time that Kates powerful
1993 classic has appeared on an album other than The Red Shoes ....am
I ?

Also another 1993 track , And So Is Love , is featured on The Best of
Woman To Woman .

Kate keeps cropping up on "Woman" and "love" compilations !!!

Sean :-)