Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-45 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The strangest places...

From: pdCampbell@goodyear.com (pDaleCampbell)
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 13:19:05 GMT
Subject: The strangest places...
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

When I was just a wee tike, music didn't matter much to me.
I liked the occasional single, but there wasn't any
performer or band that I "followed".  Then, sometime around
1972, my brother introduced me to _Fragile_ and I found a
band who's albums I have always liked (well, at least until
they forgot to change their name to "Cinema").

Though I've been a Love-Hound since the early part of '95, I
just recently got around to subscribing to alt.music.yes.
(It was a fellow Love-Hound that clued me into the Yes
mailing list, Notes from the Edge, a long while ago). And
what to my wandering eye should appear, but a "TORI AND
KATE" thread!  I notice: Even though Tori is a much less
common name than Kate, people seem to feel it necessary to
add the "Amos", while Kate is simply "Kate"!

So far, I haven't seen much in a.m.y to make me wanna hang
around.  I'm slowly fading off Nanci Griffith's
mailing-list, as well.  I was off TA's news group within a
week.  THIS group is the only one that has actually *ADDED*
to my appreciation of an artist (and Kate was ALREADY my
favorite!).  Thanks, guys!

KT -=-=-=- u m o p   a p ! s d n -=-=-=- SRI

pDale "'TAFKAP' is really catching on" Campbell

"Dana Andrews said prunes
 Gave him the runes
 And passing them used lots of skills."