Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-45 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Brazil ST

From: ectophil@comp.vuw.ac.nz (Philip Sainty)
Date: 13 Nov 1996 04:01:20 GMT
Subject: Re: Brazil ST
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

In article <199611100142.TAA00190@tam2000.tamu.edu>,
John Casey Sherrell <jcs9979@tam2000.tamu.edu> wrote:
>Hello!  I saw this soundtrack in the stores today.  I was wondering should
>I buy it?  Is it very rare?  I'm not sure I want to buy it for the one
>Kate track otherwise.

I don't believe it's rare (although I think it was until a re-release
not so long ago), but shouldn't you base your purchase primarily on
whether or not the song is good??

Anyhows, my advice is to go and rent Brazil.  I'm biased, 'cause it's my
favourite film of all time, but IMO everyone should see it (and preferably
at least two or three times -- it may take a couple just to figure out
what's going on :)

(Which reminds me... is the butchered US version actually available on
video? I always tell people to make sure it's the proper version, but
I don't even know if the US version was released on video... can
anyone enlighten me?)

Anyways, if you find that you love the film you will *not* want to be
without the soundtrack, Kate or no Kate, as it's a fantastic album!
(And if you're not familiar with the film, the dialogue in the soundtrack
won't make any sense :)

Philip
--
Philip Sainty            |  What are your dreams?               |  _O_   Am I