Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-44 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

RE: Kate's Studio and EMI

From: Len Bullard <cbullard@HiWAAY.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 1996 12:32:35 -0600
Subject: RE: Kate's Studio and EMI
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

[Robb]

>That said, I was surprised to learn that NfE
>experienced a drop in sales from Lionheart.
>It's just trivia, really, but with NfE's three
>successful singles vs. Lionheart's one (Hammer
>Horror did not chart well), I had thought that
>NfE was the more commercially successful.

I don't track these things as I also don't care
much about the sales.  I either react emotionally
to the album or I don't.  For Kate, I will usually
buy anything she does because my experience is
that I have to get used to some of her work before
the impact is felt.  Items like The Women of Ireland,
HOL, etc. are of course, exceptions.  Something in
the voice and the music goes straight to the target
and I am a captive to it.  The Dreaming leaves
me cold to this day.  There is a lot of great
recording there, but more anger and fascination
with self than I like in music.  It is very good
work, just emotionally unappealing.  We are all
individual and private in these "aspects of the
sensual world", to borrow a phrase.

len

"And did you get what you wanted from this life, even so?
I did.  And what did you want?  To call myself beloved,
to feel myself beloved of the earth."

- Raymond Carver -