Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-44 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Lily; Another long Kate wait over

From: gearnoise@VNET.IBM.COM
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 96 16:49:16 EST
Subject: Lily; Another long Kate wait over
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

1. Lily
The other night while driving through North and South Carolina, I stopped
at a phone to call my favorite radio station and ask that they play Lily
from TRS.  Must have been desparate for callers, 'cause I had barely got
back in the car when it started playing. But, when it started, I could
clearly hear Lily's talk part at the beginning, so I thought, oh-oh, when
Kate starts singing my speakers are going to blow up!  But surprise,
surprise, when the music started it was at the same decibel level as the
talking.  So this week, I played Lily from the TRS cassette, from the CD,
and from the TLTCTC video.  On the cassette and CD Lily's talking is
barely audible compared to the music, whereas the video was much closer
to what I heard on the radio.
So would someone please enlighten me?  Are there two versions of the TRS
album out there, perhaps one for radio studio use?  Or is radio station
equipment so sophisticated that it can automatically adjust output volume
on something like that?  The DJ said he was playing from the album, not
from the video.

2. Another long Kate wait over
Meaning different Kate.  Kate and Anna McGarrigle finally have a new
album out, Matapedia, and it's wonderful.  Try the "Folk" section at your
record store if you've not heard of them yet (after all, they've only
been performing for some 20 or so years, with less albums out than KB).

Neal Mulvenna                                          __/__/T_ -- -
internet: gearnoise@vnet.ibm.com                      / /\ </\ \ --
phones: 205-507-3553; 704-594-3546          ..........\__/..\__/.......