Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-43 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KateWorlds and HG Towers VRML

From: Len Bullard <cbullard@HiWAAY.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 1996 12:04:09 -0600
Subject: KateWorlds and HG Towers VRML
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

The KateWorlds and Homeground Towers VRML
sites get a nice mention in the VRMLSite online-zine
this month.  It's at http://www.vrmlsite.com
Robert St John was interviewing VRML artists
and I came up on the list.  Rob is complementary
about the worlds.  For any of you interested in
hacking VRML, this is a good site to visit.  I
am writing a tutorial on VRML 1.0 for next month's
edition.  I will probably extend it into 2.0 for
animation.

For those who worked on the apparently defunct
Enhanced CD-ROM for Common Ground:  the
Isle of Jeenix VRML world was built to house
Kate's contribution to that CD.   It works nicely
on my hard disk, but the wav file even in MS ADPCM
4-bit mono is still a little under a meg, so too big
for the WWW.   Someone should consider an
enhanced CDROM made up of contributions from
artists who are fans of the primeArtiste.  Sony?
Kate has an unusual amount of support out
here in the art community.

Kate Bush received a write-in vote today
for a state appellate court judgeship in
Alabama.  She couldn't do worse than the bozos
who run the show now.  She might do considerably
better.

len