Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-43 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: EMI Manhattan vs. other releases

From: Robb McCaffree <nsrjm@nursepo.medctr.ucla.edu>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 1996 22:08:38 -0800
Subject: Re: EMI Manhattan vs. other releases
To: rec-music-gaffa@ucsd.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Chris Williams wrote:

>    The CD box I bought in Canada when it was released had
> some of the cheesy re-releases. Sorry, but by not being more
> involved in the CD box, Kate wound up allowing EMI to get away
> with using the Box set as an excuse to dump product.
> Aren't these types of decisions solely up to the record company?
Didn't they tell her they were releasing a box set, and not visa
versa?

>    Hopefully, some day a *proper* box set can be done, with
> special releases of the CDs with the extra tracks on them,
> and all the missing tracks.

I thought the box set was pretty good, myself. What extra tracks
were you referring to...The Confrontation/The Magician of
Lublin(?)/Instrumentals for TD and TSW? Or is it just that
you think that the b-sides should have appeared on the album
from the same year of release?

Robb