Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-43 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: kate in lookalike tv show

From: marcusb@algonet.se (Marcus Bengtson)
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 1996 21:13:49 +0100 (MET)
Subject: Re: kate in lookalike tv show
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Mikael Jakonen wrote:
>Then you didn't experience to horror of hearing the jury announce
>the winner.
>In my opinoin, the Kate lookalike sucked big time. The costume-artists
>made a good job, and the makeup was ok. She mimicked Kate rather good,
>especially the wild-eyes look. But she sang horribly. She sang off tune
>quite a few times, got the lyrics wrong a couple of times, and her voice
>cracked ever so slightly every time she went for the high tones.

I can't believe how painfully nice you are;)
Have to agree though.

>The jury said to her that imitating Kate was very bold, and demanded
>lots of guts. In fact, they thought she ought to have bonus points for
>trying to imitate such a difficult artist. Then, they themselves had the
>guts to say that the imitating girl actually had a more mature voice
>than Kate (but I guess thay said so let her down gently. They usually
>are very careful in their way to say that the performance was not
>adequate...).

I gagged a couple of times when that announcement was made.

>"We have choosen the winner with this motivation:
>For showing great courage, and boldness in the choice of artist..."
>
>I just screamed out loud, almost sacring my girlfriend to death...

A choir must have sounded through the cold wastes of Scandinavia 'cause
I certainly screamed too. Actually I hid behind the sofa (I usually
vacate that space when something is REALLY painful to watch.).

Mikael, keep up those views and Valhalla isn't far away..;)

Marcus.
"The changes in time will steal your youth and mine.
 With shaking heads, we lie in unmade beds, counting
 the nights.
 It seems like five thousand years have come and gone,
 and still it's left undone."
                  _City Boy_