Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-43 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Don't Give Up

From: Rainer Wessel <100714.1023@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 23:29:52 +0100
Subject: Re: Don't Give Up
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Jodie O'Keefe wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am looking to buy the song "Don't give up" but have no idea what album it
> is on?
> Can anyone help?  Btw has anyone heard the version of Don't Give Up with
> Peter Gabriel
> and Sinead OConnor.  Apparently it is very good.

"Don't Give Up" appeared on Peter Gabriel's album "So" and was also
released as a single (at least in Germany). Peter's album video featured
two versions of the song, one where he's holding Kate in his arms
throughout the entire piece (lucky guy!) and one where he's not.
I don't know if there's a studio version of DGU with Sinead, but I don't
think so. The live version I heard was a desaster - she wasn't up to
Kate's pitch at all. Made me feel really sad.

Rainer