Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-41 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: KaTe in lookalike TV show

From: Daniel Sindahl <f95-dsi@nada.kth.se>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 1996 00:30:16 -0700
Subject: Re: KaTe in lookalike TV show
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Richard Bensam wrote:

> Wait a minute.  Looking like them and *singing* like them?  How did she
> sound?  And have the Swedes heard of Happy Rhodes yet?  (Apart from those
> of you in this group, that is.)

The few minutes that performance lasted was the most horrorful in
my life... It's three weeks since the show, and I still keep a
light on when I sleep. :)

Being serious, it sounded AWFUL, but it was a VERY brave attempt.

/ Daniel

P.S.  A friend in school saw some of my Kate tapes, and not knowing
      they were mine said something like "Kate Bush!?! I hope you
      don't listen to that crap!" to another friend. He was a bit
      embaressed when I said they were mine, and then I asked what
      he actually knew about Kate, what type of music she makes
      and so on. He replied: "Isn't it something like Paula Abdul?"
      I killed him by playing "Violin" 10000 times.
      (That is ofcourse not true. I would have died myself after
       just a few times)