Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: QUESTIONS ABOUT KATE

From: miasma226@aol.com (Miasma226)
Date: 7 Oct 1996 20:22:34 -0400
Subject: Re: QUESTIONS ABOUT KATE
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

In article <ttuerff-0610962313370001@ip015.phx.primenet.com>,
ttuerff@primenet.com (Tom Tuerff) writes:

>> 4. Is there a general feeling among all of you about Tori Amos?

I really like Tori!  Kate's music (all around, not just one aspect) is by
far and wide and deep, more advanced, more beautiful and much better.  But
I love Tori!!!!

> 5. This question is lame, but is there a general favorite album of
Kate's
> among you? I'm curious as to what people like, even though it obviously
> differs.

The Hounds of Love - Esp. The Ninth Wave side

The Sensual World - I don't know why this album is dismissed like it is.
I really like it.  A lot as a matter of fact.  Maybe someone who doesn't
think highly of this work could give me some insight into the flaws here?

Never Forever - Just a good solid piece of work

The Kick Inside - what a great introduction to someone!  the thing I love
about this is the writing...I am hearing impaired, but you don't need to
necessarily hear the music to listen to it.  And some of these songs are
just as beautiful signed as they are sung.

The Dreaming - Good for a change

The Red Shoes - again, I like the concept.  When I found out she was
making a movie, I started trying to envision it.  Once again, my concept
was very different, much better, but my imagination doesn't have a budget,
either!

Lionheart - I have to say it though, bad Kate Bush is still better than
anyone else at their best.

take care!!!

don

"and that, is that" said the little red horse to her rider.