Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: KaTe in lookalike TV show

From: Richard Bensam <rabensam@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1996 04:33:20 -0500
Subject: Re: KaTe in lookalike TV show
To: Love-Hounds <love-hounds@gryphon.com>
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Anders Hultman wrote:

>KaTe was featured in a lookalike contest on Swedish national TV on
>September 27th. The show is called "Sikta mot Stjärnorna" and is based on
>Endemol Entertainment's format "Soundmix Show". People imitate well known
>artists both by looking like them and singing like them. The song covered
>in the show was "Wuthering Heigths". The show had 1,540,000 viewers.
>
>A picture can be seen on http://www.mtv.se/tvp/sms96/4katebush.html

I don't think she looks all that much like Kate but she DEFINITELY has the
right eyes!

Wait a minute.  Looking like them and *singing* like them?  How did she
sound?  And have the Swedes heard of Happy Rhodes yet?  (Apart from those
of you in this group, that is.)

RAB

Richard Bensam Home Page
http://home.earthlink.net/~rabensam/

Gaffaweb: A Tribute To Kate Bush And Her Fans
http://www.gryphon.com/gaffa/