Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: This Woman's Work live

From: Rolf.Peukert@Theoinf.TU-Ilmenau.DE (Rolf Peukert)
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 96 12:47:48 +0100
Subject: Re: This Woman's Work live
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

the labelling on the TWW live bootleg is a bit inaccurate,
RUTH and Let It Be are from the Secret Policeman's 3rd Ball,
and The Wedding List is indeed from the 1982 Prince's Trust concert.

> They haven't got catalog numbers on them and seem to be put out by GEMA,
> and have no dates.

GEMA isn't a record company, it's the German copyright society, i.e.
the organization that deals with music publication rights, comparable
to BIEM/STEMRA, BMI/ASCAP etc.
The bootleggers probably had to print that on the CD to make the people
at the pressing plant think that they've paid for the music.

AAWebster wrote (Billboards...):
> [...] I keep thinking of that quote, attributed to her, that we Americans
> "don't want me over there."

I guess the "over there" in this particular quote referred to Prince's studio
in Minneapolis and not to America in general.

Rolf
"What, TWO microwaves?" "Yeah, for dubbing..."