Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

essential Kate

From: SHANDRALYN@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1996 15:16:51 -0400
Subject: essential Kate
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

I noticed a post from someone wondering which album to get next, and the
different replies that person got... So, I began trying to figure out which
albums I thought were essential.  I soon realized that I was getting nowhere
fast... they are all essential!  (I'm sure this isn't news to any long-time
Kate fans!)

But, what I managed to come up with: Hounds of Love and The Dreaming are
vying for most essential, with Never For Ever right behind... Lionheart and
Red Shoes are right behind that, with Sensual World and Kick Inside close on
their heels. (Sensual World is the one I listen to least because I have it on
tape, not cd, but when I listen to it I always think "I should listen to this
more often"). So, they are all essential, and I wouldn't dream of giving any
of them up...  (Oh, the Whole Story is nice for a mix, too, but not quite as
essential, except for Experiment IV and the new vocals on Wuthering Heights).
 I now need to work on collecting rarities and such, now that I have all the
albums, including the cd of the Hammersmith Odeon concert!)

just my 2 cents,
Shandra
who is new to the list, but a long-time Kate Bush fan....