Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: videos and...

From: Rolf.Peukert@Theoinf.TU-Ilmenau.DE (Rolf Peukert)
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 96 13:05:56 +0100
Subject: Re: videos and...
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Hi,

Moon wrote re videos:
> You mean, one different from the white-dress-black-background one?

Yes, she wears a red dress and is dancing among trees and in a meadow,
but performing essentially the same routine as in the studio video.
(this version is used by german video channel Viva II, on the rare
occasions they play Wuthering Heights)

re: potty Cathy
> Excuse me, but didn't it say in Vermorel's book (The Secret Life of Kate
> Bush) that Kate was Cathy all throughout her childhood?

and why not? After all, her real first name is Catherine, "Kate" is
a pseudonym.

re: TWW III
>> It also has "For Promotional Use Only -- Not for Sale" printed on it.
>> No dates, however.
>>
>> Russell

That's the bootlegger's prime directive: "Don't let them catch you".
No production company is given, only that "promo" line for further
confusion. This is definitely a bootleg.

> What *is* on TWWIII, anyway?

* Cloudbusting (video mix)
What you hear in the video. Half a minute (I'm not sure) longer than
the album/single mix, with an additional "bridge" section ("It's you
and me, daddy..."). Probably lifted from one of the "The Red Shoes"
CD singles.

* Eat The Music (extended mix)
Ha ha. It's 12 seconds shorter than the album version. Taken from
the Dutch EtM CD single (where it's also called "extended"),

* You Want Alchemy
My favourite TRS B-Side. From one of the "The Red Shoes" singles.

* Shoedance (the red shoes dance mix)
My least favourite mix at all. A monotonic dance beat, with only Kate's
vocals and some dialogue from the film. Ten minutes.

* Show A Little Devotion
Another new B-Side. From the standard UK Moments Of Pleasure CD single.

* Moments of Pleasure (instrumental verison)
Not available on official CD. Probably from the MC single.

* Home For Christmas
Nice recording, only Kate's voice and an acoustic guitar.
Source: Dutch MoP or American RbG CD singles.

* Rubberband Girl (extended mix)
Nothing spectacular, just longer. On all RbG CD singles except the Dutch one.

* Candle In The Wind (instrumental version)
>From the Rocket Man CD single.

* Don't Give Up
You might know this one.

Still missing:
* the "real" extended mix of Eat The Music
* the "U.S. mix" of Rubberband Girl, a dance mix, but better than Shoedance

To find all the mistake I made above, see Scott Telford's comprehensive list at:
http://www.epcc.ed.ac.uk/~st/kt93.txt

bye,
Rolf
---
Kate, you're completely mad and we thank you very much :-)