Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: CDs

From: Rolf.Peukert@Theoinf.TU-Ilmenau.DE (Rolf Peukert)
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 96 12:13:43 +0100
Subject: Re: CDs
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Abie Craiu wrote:
> For those of you who never bought the box set (TWW), go to
> the CDnow web page right now,http://CDnow.com, and order volumes I and II
> of the B sides! The sound quality is very good (i.e. if they are
> bootlegs, and I actually don't think they are, they are of excellent
> quality).

Do they have _two_ KTfem symbols on the cover? Then they are bootlegs (pirates?),
but yes, the sound is excellent, they're digital copies.

> CDnow also lists a TWW vol.III, which contains B side singles released
> after The Sensual World.

The Rubberband Girl US mix is missing, and Eat The Music (extended mix) is
actually the shortened one from the european CD single.

There's also a vol. IV of this bootleg series (called "This Woman's Work Live")
with live stuff, but most tracks have really bad sound quality.

Phillip Holbrook wrote:
> To answer Rolf Puekert's Question, The Canadian record, The Kick
> Inside, which I have owned since the morning after Saturday night live
> has her holding her hair back, wearing two rings on her right hand on
> the front cover. (Is that the vogue photo?)

Thanks for your reply. The photo's been called the "Vogue" photo or
"Oh my aching hairdo", I don't know if it has an official title.
Does the Canadian CD have the same cover?

bye,
Rolf
---
"You ain't nothing until you're bootlegged" - Robert Plant