Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

A lyrics server on the Web

From: Stephen Wiener <swiener@onramp.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 1996 08:29:48 -0500
Subject: A lyrics server on the Web
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

I just learned of a lyrics server at this URL:

http://archive.uwp.edu/pub/web/lyrics/

I have been a Kate fan since The Kick Inside but honestly just never
listened to lyrics that closely. So with all this discussion about the
meaning of The Ninth Wave leaving me behind, I looked up the lyrics
and printed them out so I can read them while listening to the CD
and see what interpretations I come up with.

This server is an invaluable resource as it has thousands of artists
listed. But there is a warning that copyright lawyers are trying to
shut down the page so you may want to get what you want while the
getting is good.

Stephen Wiener	    | "How much dreary heaviness, lameness
Dallas, TX	    |  dampness, sloppiness, how much *beer*
swiener@onramp.net  |  there is in German intellect!
                                  Friedrich Nietzsche
                                  Twilight of the Idols (1889)