Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-38 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Lily in the Mirror

From: "Xenu's Sister" <vickie@miso.wwa.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 1996 06:34:25 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Lily in the Mirror
To: Love-Hounds <love-hounds@gryphon.com>
Beware: of Scientology and Dianetics
Sender: owner-love-hounds
Web: http://miso.wwa.com/~vickie/

On Sat, 5 Oct 1996, Chris Williams wrote:

> Kelley Hays-Gilpin writes:
>
> >Still thinking about the Lily conversation of some weeks ago,
> >when the reasons for Kate's reversal of the left and right
> >hand angels were taken up.  So, I'm a slow thinker, but it at last
> >occurred to me that in TLTC&TC video, Kate follows Miranda
> >Richardson *Through the Looking Glass*, so of course left
> >and right would be reversed there, just as in Lewis Carroll's
> >literary looking glass world, where the chess moves were
> >reversed.cheers,
>
>    A reasonable theory, but Kate stated in several interviews that
> the album was finished *before* she even started thinking about
> the film.

I don't know that I agree with this. Not Kelley or Chris, but
Kate. I could swear that I read a small blurb about Lindsey
Kemp, *long* before the album came out, where he stated
something about working with Kate on a new project. Which
would indicate that the film was a long time in development,
even if only in Kate's mind, and her making storyboards,
and discussing it with other people.

However, I can't for the life of me find that blurb I'm
thinking of. I keep hoping I'll run across it and *if* I
do, I'll post it. My mentioning it isn't intended to be
much of a contribution to the thread (Lily and the archangels
don't interest me), but rather in hopes that it might jog
someone else's memory about what Kemp said.

Vickie