Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-38 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

QUESTIONS ABOUT KATE

From: billings@uhavax.hartford.edu
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 1996 21:14:03 EDT
Subject: QUESTIONS ABOUT KATE
To: LOVE-HOUNDS@GRYPHON.COM
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Hey, I'm Shane and new to the list.  I know it must be annoying to get a new
member who doesn't know as much as you all do, but I thought this would be
a good way for me to get information.  Please don't think these are stupid
questions, but we all need to get info from some source.  Anyway, I came
across Kate this summer (pathetic, because I am nineteen) and wish to God
I had known about her earlier.  I have all the albums of original material,
but not THE WHOLE STORY yet.  It's next on my list.  Anyway, I will put
my questions in list format, with hopes that some of you will answer.

1. In a book I have entitled SHE'S A REBEL (which itself contains great
and in-depth stuff on Kate), there is a bibliography which lists two or
three books about Kate.  The publishers are also listed, and I am wondering
if any of them are still in print.  Of course I will find out when I order,
but I thought maybe some of you could let me know about Kate books that you
have.

2. I have THE SINGLE FILE and am wondering what additional videos are on
THE WHOLE STORY, which I have not been able to find anywhere (but in case
I do)

3. I need to know about the album THE WHOLE STORY, whether or not there
are good liner notes (it probably depends on what version you get); for
instance, my booklets for NEVER FOR EVER, THE DREAMING AND HOUNDS OF LOVE
are really cheap

4. Is there a general feeling among all of you about Tori Amos?

5. This question is lame, but is there a general favorite album of Kate's
among you? I'm curious as to what people like, even though it obviously
differs.

Ok, thanks a lot.  shane