Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-38 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate and Fans

From: Julian Shaw <julian@dragonfire.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 1996 23:26:07 +0100
Subject: Re: Kate and Fans
To: rec-music-gaffa@moderators.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

In article <52ptss$b49@samba.rahul.net>, Roy Sette <kl7@rahul.net>
writes
>Does Kate Bush have any feelings for her fans? Given her irregular
>public performances, I'd have to say that she finds her fans to be
>a frightening bunch.

I don't see how she can form an opinion at all. She doesn't know, and
hasn't even met, 99.9% of us personally.

She's also getting a huge amount of free publicity on all aspects of her
work via this newsgroup - and particularly Gaffaweb - virtually all of
it being in a very positive vein. Far from being frightened by it I
would think that she must be rather pleased and even rather touched.

Furthermore, whatever her reasons are for not touring I am not aware of
her ever saying that it is because she is afraid of her fans!

>You people speak of her as would a cadre of devil worshipers.

Really?. Just how do you know what a 'cadre of devil worshippers" say
anyway? :-)

>No wonder she hides out. After all, is Kate herself obsessed with any
>performer?

I've no idea. Is she? Do tell us. You seem to know so much about her.

>Just a hunch, but I bet she thinks you people all have profound
>emotional disorders.

Well...she did say that she thought we were all completely mad, so I
guess I'd have to concede that possibility. :-)

Actually, I'd say that someone who writes to a newsgroup only to slag
off the people who contribute to it (who do so out of an admiration and
love of the artist concerned) is the one more likely to be suffering a
profound emotional disorder.

--
Julian

Turnpike evaluation. For Turnpike information, mailto:info@turnpike.com