Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-38 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

1978 Kate Footage contd

From: R.Jones@mirinz.org.nz
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 1996 16:39 +1200
Subject: 1978 Kate Footage contd
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds

     Larry wrote:

        Well I, for one, have reached my particular limit on how much I'd
        pay for such an old piece of film of Kate.  5 minutes of Kate
        probably saying the same thing we've all heard 23 times during that
        timeframe is not worth it to me.  But is that snippet live, ay? :)

     err..yes it is live. She was interviewed on local TV. The Hammer
     Horror clip is live too, having been sung on the 'Bill and Boyd' show.

       God, I feel so old sometimes. :) I used to have such a enthusiasm
       for *anything* even remotely Kate-related.  But, I think you're
       asking for trouble doing this.

     I sympathise, however I'm still doing penance for missing the show in
     1978.

      >>> These tapes are 'for personal viewing only'. This means that if I
        was the sole purchaser of a copy I would not be able to make it
        available to the LH collection. <<<

        HA HA HA!  Good luck. You'd better not make it available to anyone,
        if these so-called rights owners should hold you accountable.

     A good reason to get as many in on the scheme as possible - no one's
     accountable to me, and seeing as I would never make my copy available
     to anyone, if a copy did make it to the LH collection they would have
     no reason to hold me accountable.

        Rhys, while I admire your dediKaTion, I think you're starting
        something that might come back to haunt you.  And this talk of
        putting up a billboard to remind Kate. Hey man, it's a waste! Call
        me a burned-out-from-waiting old fuddy-duddy (god I can't believe I
        just called myself that), but I think Kate would consider you mad
        for doing such a thing.

     Being considered mad by Kate would be Kompliment.

        She really IS, you know, but she never will. Tour again, that is.

     Well, OK - but another promotional trip would be nice ;-)