Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-38 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

1978 Kate Video Footage

From: R.Jones@mirinz.org.nz
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 1996 15:49 +1200
Subject: 1978 Kate Video Footage
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds

     Greetings Hounds

     Kate visited New Zealand in 1978 on a promotional tour. As part of the
     trip she was interviewed for a TV show and sang Hammer Horror on
     another show. TVNZ has 7.5 minutes of interview footage and 1.5
     minutes of Hammer Horror which can be made available. Unfortunately,
     they want money. For me to obtain my own copy they want lots (although
     for Kate footage how much is too much?). I've suggested that a few
     enthusiasts might like their own copies of the footage. If six people
     are interested (including me) I can obtain copies for around $NZ80
     each (approx $US 55, GBP 32). I don't make anything out of this - I
     will be just happy to split the costs. It is likely to be even cheaper
     if more people interested.

     To be legal, TVNZ will require names and addresses of all 'owners' of
     the footage and I will need to obtain clearances for each person from
     a seperate company that owns the rights.

     These tapes are 'for personal viewing only'. This means that if I was
     the sole purchaser of a copy I would not be able to make it available
     to the LH collection. If I did, and the powers found out, they would
     not like it and they would know who did it!).

     If anyone is seriously interested in obtaining a copy of this footage
     please e-mail me before October 10. When I know numbers I'll come back
     to you with the cost and we can take it from there.

     Cheers

     Rhys