Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-37 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Zoe?? Do you mean Poe??

From: "John D. Walker" <jdwalker@post.cis.smu.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 20:18:57 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Zoe?? Do you mean Poe??
To: Love Hounds <love-hounds@uunet.uu.net>
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Never heard of Zoe, but I have heard of Poe, and she's English, and I've
got her CD, and it's pretty cool.  Not as imaginative as Kate, and no
vocal range, but there's something about her voice that's cool, and her
lyrics are SICK.

This Zoe person sounds cool too, though.

Hey, how many other musicians on Love Hounds??
I'll start:

I've been playing guitar for 20 years.  Kate's stuff is hard to recreate
on guitar, but the approach is valid for any instrument.  I also dabble
in bass and do a lot of drum programming.  I know squat about keyboards
and MIDI sequencing, and I sing backup pretty well but I'm definitely not
a lead singer.  I've been doing mostly writing and recording for the past
year or so, before that I was in a bunch of original bands around Dallas.

Next?

John