Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-37 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Tour Justice

From: Len Bullard <cbullard@HiWAAY.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 1996 19:36:15 -0500
Subject: Tour Justice
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

[R.Jones@mirinz.org.nz]

> What justice could be done to Cloudbusting or Big Stripey
> Lie on stage?

Cloudbusting would be easy.  Sequence it.  Otherwise, simple
songs take well to simple accompaniment, so it is conceivable
that she could make do with very little accompaniment.  I've
come to like productions like the Gershwin rendition of
"Home for Christmas" which use her voice to best advantage.

The histrionics of some bits on "The Dreaming" probably
wouldn't adapt well and are best left on the mixing board
where they belong.  I throw in with those who say,
small band, piano, few costumes and mostly, just Kate.
That's and easy tour to set up and manage, relatively,
and cheap to produce.  It requires more rehearsal because
the simpler the production, the more the voice has to
carry the performance.  That would be the best for my money.

It could be fun to plan her tour schedule.  Where would
you most like to see her perform and why?

len bullard