Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-37 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

A couple replies to a couple things

From: meredith <meth@smoe.org>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 96 15:37:17 EDT
Subject: A couple replies to a couple things
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Hi,

Steve0 reviewed:

>Another source with a lower gold-to-crap ratio is The Ectophile's Guide to
>Good Music
>
>http://weber.u.washington.edu/~neile/EctoGuide/eg.index.html
>
>Click on the "A's" and the first two artists listed are Paula Abdul and Adam
>Ant.  Obviously some definition of "good" that I was previously unaware of
>(confession:  I LIKE Adam Ant.  But I'd hardly consider him "good").

Well, when perusing these pages you have to keep in mind that with the
Ectophiles' Guide, "good" is defined by the people who wrote up the
submissions.  There are a couple people on ecto who do think that Paula
Abdul and Adam Ant are "good" (though maybe there should be a disclaimer
there saying that "the opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those
of the organization as a whole" ;>), so they're in there.

>The page could use some links to the outside world (the one link it
>has is out of date),

I think the Ectophiles' Guide is even more of a work in progress than
Gaffaweb will ever be... it is coming along, though, slowly but surely, and
when it's "done", it's going to be one of the most comprehensive sites on
the entire Web.

Chris informed re Del in videos:

>He is also in "Hounds of Love" at the party, "Experiment IV" (I'd
>have to check to be sure.)

Yes, he is definitely in "Experiment IV" -- he's the guy who gets nailed by
the Kate-Monster, remember?

Vickie, that "L. Ron Hubbard invented the Fairlight" thing was hysterical,
but by far the funniest thing was the .sig of the guy who replied with the
correction:

>a feline communing with a Vorlon

The image that that conjures is just too absurd for words. :>

| Meredith Tarr                                              meth@smoe.org |
| Boonton, NJ USA                       http://remus.rutgers.edu/~woj/meth |
|    "I envy you your ignorance, I hear that it's bliss" - Ani DiFranco    |