Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: (mistakes) Well, she is rescued

From: Ronald.Girardin@Dartmouth.EDU (Ronald Girardin)
Date: 05 Sep 96 08:18:29 EDT
Subject: Re: (mistakes) Well, she is rescued
To: sketchbk@ultranet.com, rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds

--- sketchbk@ultranet.com wrote:
I can't be the only one who thinks this a terrible goof that should not
have been left uncorrected in an otherwise beautiful song.
I literally can't listen to the blemish without feeling utterly
disappointed.
--- end of quoted material ---
Rik,

   Actually I noticed that too.  But Kate was almost 10 years older and I'm
sure
her smoking habit didn't help one bit.   Wuthering Heights has some pretty high
notes to hit.   But in a way it's part of the charm of the remake.  It took
guts
to even attempt a remake of this song.

peace

ron