Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Something inflammatory? ... nah.

From: "Chris Hansen at Work" <chris@kiva.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 1996 09:57:13 -0600
Subject: Something inflammatory? ... nah.
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Comments: Authenticated sender is <chris@[204.228.150.2]>
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Good Morning, LoveHounds.

On my commute this morning, I was listening to the broadcasts of the local
radio stations and the um, 'music' they serve up.

A song starts after a break and I'm not really paying much attention, just
grateful for the background noise since traffic is completely stopped and has
been for several minutes.

After a few moments, I realize that the style is slightly familiar, yet I can't
place it.  I listen closer and realize that the person singing sounds, kinda,
like KATE!  Check to make certain that traffic is still not moving and crank
the song on my pitiful speakers.

This person could almost be Kate!  Could it be?  A new song which has not been
debated and scrutinized by the LoveHounds and it is getting airplay in a major
exposure timeslot?  I almost shiver at the prospect....

But wait, the voice doesn't quite match up.  Also, now that the chorus has
kicked in, the style changes and no longer matches my perception of the 'Kate
Bush' style.  Great sigh....

Still, the moment or two of anticipation, excitement and pure joy was worth it.
I have yet to receive a nicer birthday present.  Especially since the first one
I received was my father playing a funeral dirge over the phone at 6:30 am.

This experience brought to you by the lack of sleep and complete and utter
puerile fascination.

chris
the wishing-for-a-new-album/cd/whatever one

p.s.  The artist was Donna Lewis, I have no idea what the song title was and
today is really the celebration of my birth.  Official funeral procession at
noon.

  Modern Latin Definitions:
      Carpe Denim -- Seize the Pants
Contact Chris Hansen at chansen@kiva.com, tchansen@xmission.com