Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-35 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

A Personal Ninth Wave

From: Lotus Eater <lotus_eater@rael.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 17:24:40 GMT
Subject: A Personal Ninth Wave
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

It's been interesting reading everybody's opinions about TNW, but
really, does there need to be one correct interpretation?
Everyone's affected by the lyrics of a song in a different way,
everyones remembers different people and different experiences - how a
song is interpreted is a purely subjective exercise that probably
won't be the same for two people.

This is particularly true of TNW which seems to have many different
threads running through it.

Personally, the song reminds me of someone was close to in university
that I haven't seen in years.  I don't know why!  All Kate's songs
tend to make me feel this way.

Lotus Eater