Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-35 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Die! Die! Die!

From: Alan Stonebridge <Alan.Stonebridge@durham.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 00:24:18 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Re: Die! Die! Die!
To: "Sawyer, Keith" <Keith.Sawyer@FMR.Com>
cc: Love-Hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

On Wed, 21 Aug 1996, Sawyer, Keith wrote:

> I find it rather depressing that, after the ordeal, she now
> has knowledge of a future she cannot change - and is still fated to walk
> down that path.

What's depressing about knowing you're going to live until you're old and
have two children? I'd have thought that was a very happy and inspiring
thought - at least she would know she has to make the best of her life
from that point onwards because these two children will be dependent upon
her when they are born.

And it isn't necessarily that her life will be predetermined... all she
sees of it is herself and the two children... that leaves so much to the
imagination so there's plenty of things that could happen to her without
her knowing about them beforehand... who is the children's father and
what happens to him? What happens to all of the people already in her
life?

Alan.