Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-35 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

My first KaTe dream

From: Chris Spillios <cspillio@env.gov.ab.ca>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 14:00:06 -0600 ()
Subject: My first KaTe dream
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Okay folks,

I'm a late bloomer but I just had my first dream in which
the goddess appears.

This is kind of goofy, as dreams often are, so I won't be
offended if you don't give a rat's ass about my stinking
dream and you scroll right by ...

Still here?  Okay.  So me and an old girlfriend (Sue) are cycling
down a cobble stone street lined with shops when I almost run
over someone I somehow recognize as Paddy Bush.  I stop to talk
for a bit when he indicates that Kate is nearby.  My excitement
grows as I spot someone who looks like her ... IT IS!  YESSSSSS!
I get to meet her and, amazingly enough, we break into song..  (I
don't normally dream in musicals, but ...)  It's (you guessed it)
Wuthering Heights.  I usually sing okay but my attempt at harmonizing
with her kind of flops.  But it was still a thrill!

Still here???  Okay.  So next we, for some reason, witness a tragic
railway accident in which a couple of engineers get crushed.  I
can't do anything but curse at the disaster.  Well, back to Kate.
We walk around a corner to a small dwelling where she is staying.
She turns around and says to me and Sue, "Care to fly to Glasgow?"
I burst out laughing joyously at her generosity of offering to
fly us with her to Scotland.  However, I quickly realize that what
she really said was "care to have a Vlassick?" (pickle that is).
I stifle my laugh and accept the pickle (I don't even think I've
ever seen Vlassick except in old TV commercials).  It tasted awful.

And then the alarm went off:  CBC Stereo Morning playing Haydn, I
believe.  I did say it was goofy, didn't I?  I don't think I want
the dream analysis.

Chris Spillios - DNRC King of the Popes, HPK