Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-35 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Those images

From: Delbert Allan <104356.1763@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 19 Aug 96 17:35:44 EDT
Subject: Those images
To: Love Hounds <love-hounds@gryphon.com>
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Keith Sawyer asked:
Thanks for the memory - I find this one of her most visually appealing songs as
well, along with the burning fields in "Never Be Mine".  Any others out there
affected by strong imagry in one of Kate's works?

I don't know that I would call it strange imagery, but I'm moved by several
things that Kate has included lyrically in her songs.  One that comes to mind is
a line from 'Room for the Life':
-Night after night in the quiet house, Plaiting her hair by the fire-

I think that is beautiful.  Also, from 'The Ninth Wave', the song is 'Watching
you Without Me':
-There's a ghost in our home, just watching you without me, I'm not here, but
I'm not here, I'm not here-
That song is full of phrases that evoke powerful images for me.

Like you, I also appreciate the image of burning fields in 'Never Be Mine'.

Kate is a genius!

Peace,

Del Allan