Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-35 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KT Imagery

From: spike45@sos.sos.net (bill & wayne)
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 1996 18:38:53 -0700
Subject: KT Imagery
To: Love-Hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Hello Love-hounds,

KaTe's imagery is so vivid in some songs, and yet I find the image I have is
a little different than intended.

When I first heard "Hello Earth" I picked up on the "hand held up high", but
not knowing the lyrics real well gave me a slightly different image. The
image I have is of KT standing on the moon, slight breeze pushing her hair
back (I know, there is no wind on the moon), she holds her hand up to block
the earth and moves her hand to the right saying peek-a-boo, then peeks
around to the left of her hand and again "peek-a-boo". Playing this "childs
game" with the earth is so lovely and profound that it has never left me.
Every now and then I will just think of the image during the day and smile.
In other words, it just pops into my head for no apparent reason.  I LOVE
THIS IMAGE and have had it since the album was first released. I know she is
not standing on the moon, but the image is so vivid and I treasure it so
much that this "mistaken" image will not leave me, nor do I want it to.

Have always wanted to share that. Thanks. The only friend I had that loved
KT died over a year ago. So until I joined this list I thought "I was the
only one." ;-) My current partner is slowly coming around. :-)

Bye for now.
Wayne

PS. I posted this once but it never bounced back to me, so I assume it never
got through. If it did...well sorry!