Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-35 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The initiation

From: David Hathaway <davidh@electric.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 1996 12:11:22 -0700
Subject: The initiation
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

>>Same here, my wife thinks that Kate sounds "creepy" and listening to her
>>gives her the heeby-jeebies (sp?).
>
>      Hmm... My dad thinks Kate is a screaming witch, and as for my
>boyfriend, well.. :) I've already converted him to Tori (sort of) and he
>really likes Happy, but he still thinks Kate is one sandwich short of a
>picnic... But one day I will convert him... Oh yes I shall *evil grin*

All this talk of converting loved ones! I handled this a bit differently
with my wife...

Before, in the days of singledom, I had a pretty straightforward "test" for
all potential mates...

1] Play some Kate Bush

2] Play some King Crimson (usually Beat and Neurotica, it really separates
the wheat from the chaff)

and, the final test,

3] Make them sit through Terry Gilliam's utterly brilliant movie, Brazil.

If they passed all of those tests (no teeth grinding allowed) AND they were
not allergic to my three cats AND they could speak of a computer without
disdain, they were in...

And, my wife was the only one who ever passed all of the tests...

8)

  David Hathaway                                    davidh@electric.net
                   The Electric Mail Company Inc.
                 Internet Electronic Mail Solutions