Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Fear of flying...

From: SamiT007@aol.com
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 1996 13:56:06 -0400
Subject: Re: Fear of flying...
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

>I have been a Kate fan since Wuthering Heights and The Kick
>Inside were released in 1977. To my knowledge Kate has never
>toured the US. I remember hearing years ago (like in the late
>70's or early 80's) that the reason she didn't tour was because
>of an overwhelming fear of flying. Am I dreaming or has anyone
>else heard that? I think she was on Saturday Night Live a long time
>ago, but maybe she came over here on a ship.

Well, according to MPLSKyle, he has seen Kate at Paisley Park Studios in
Minnesota which means she's been over here recently and she also made a trip
to NY to promote TRS, so she must not be THAT afraid of flying!

(Kyle, would you  tell me again about those 11 or 12 tracks that Kate has
recorded with Prince that are sitting in the vaults at Paisley Park?  I think
someone, somehow needs to get a hold of those -- only in purely legal ways,
of course! ;-)  )

Question:  All this discussion about why Kate doesn't tour....on the L-H
videos (don't remember which) there is an interview where Kate said she loves
to tour and (this is not verbatim) sees it as the culmination of all her
artistic/musical abilities.  It's because of her seeming love for touring,
after the Tour of Life, that it seems so unusual that she hasn't toured
since.  Well, like some other Kate-fan said in a recent post, "We can always
hope."

~~~Samantha