Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate's attitude to demo bootlegs?

From: Rolf.Peukert@Theoinf.TU-Ilmenau.DE (Rolf Peukert)
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 96 14:36:42 +0200
Subject: Kate's attitude to demo bootlegs?
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Hi,

just wondering: Has Kate ever given an official statement about the
various home demo bootlegs (e.g. in the KBC mag. or in Homeground)?

No, I don't doubt they are illegal, this is really just a question.

Here's the only bit I know of:

Place:        CFNY radio station, Toronto
Time:         December 13th, "Modern Rock Live"
Host:         Tom Calder[?]
Guest:        Kate Bush
Phone Caller: Scott from Sarasota, Florida

S: [...] I was wondering if possibly you ever plan releasing
   any of your unreleased material such as Organic Acid or
   Ferry Me Over, or any of the stuff from the past as an actual
   studio tape. Some of that's your best material and I would _love_
   to hear some of that in it's original form in the studio.
   Is there any chance you think that we may hear that one day?

K: Ah, no. <snort>             [i'm not sure if that's Kate snorting]

T: Sorry Scott. So you just have to sit there with your tapes.

S: I hope you don't get mad at me for asking the question. I'm really
   a big fan of yours...

K: <laugh> No, not at all.

T: No, Kate's smiling, she's fine. Thank you Scott.

S: Thanks Kate.

K: Thank you.

That's it. Just a "no". Not "you ruthless collector scumbags keep your
bloody hands of my private recordings", nor a kateian "I would prefer
if you restrict yourself to the official releases".

bye,
Rolf