Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KaTemas in Boonton

From: MATH TRIED ERR <METH@delphi.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Aug 1996 21:18:44 -0500 (EST)
Subject: KaTemas in Boonton
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Cc: ecto@ecto.org
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Hi!

Greetings from the Day After the Boonton, New Jersey USA KaTemas.  It was a
small gathering, but much fun was had by all (I think :).

Festivities began just before 2:00 with the arrival of Paul Cohen from Penn-
sylvania, followed by Andy Webster fron NYC, Bob Krovetz from Princeton,
Kiri Hargie and her roommate from Washington, D.C., and Don Keller from NYC.
We listened to music (KaTe and otherwise), watched last year's Love-Hounds
KolleKTion, The Whole Story video KolleKTion, and some smatterings of Tori
Amos video that was on the same tape as some other KaTe video bits we have
(oh the horror, the horror ;>), and even got some Olympic viewing in too, as
we cheered for the Yugoslavian basketball team against the over-hyped and over-
rated "dream team" (the *real* "Dream Team" was the women's basketball team,
but I digress).

After the rainshowers passed there was even grilled goodies in the form of
burgers, hot dogs, and spiedies, to supplement the munchies we'd been grazing
on all day.  Much thanks to
 everyone who helped fill our fridge with beer and
then didn't drink any.  That's the real reason why we throw these parties,
anyway. ;>

In and among all this, we spent time exploring GaffaWeb -- wow, is all I can
say.  If only a tenth of the other music-related sites on the Net were that
good.  Bravo to all who helped make it a reality!!!

Some of the non-KaTe music we sampled included introducing people to the Sloan
Wainwright Band, the sure cure for misery caused by the breakup of October
Project; Babe the Blue OX (Don was in the house :); Fiona Apple (interesting,
may buy if it's in a cheap bin somewhere); and in Andy's case, Happy Rhodes
(he was sufficiently impressed after two songs to make plans to join us at her
show at the Bottom Line next Saturday :).  And I'm sure there's some others in
there I'm forgetting too.

So another KaTemas has come and gone, and I daresay we can call it a success.
Thanks to everyone who showed up.  Until next year...

Meredith (and woj)
meth@delphi.com