Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Computer terminology

From: J P Slater <jps@alpha1.csd.uwm.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 18:44:45 -0500
Subject: Re: Computer terminology
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

On 30 Jul 1996, Bryan Dongray wrote:

> Allen Brunson <brunson@techcontrol.com> wrote:
> > It's the DETAILS she gets wrong.  "I was loading a new program" -- uh huh,
> > lots of computer users say THAT ... and "press Execute" ... Um, let's
> > see, was it the Lisa that had an 'execute' key?  The Ti-99?
>
> Hmmm, I say "loading a new program" too, is that wrong?
>
> On "press Execute". How do you know it's not a mouse driven application?
> ie point and click, where you WOULD point at a "button" that could
> very easily have "Execute" on it?

	Hello...Merry Katemas to All:

	I'm surprised at all the comments about the word "execute." I've
always assumed that it is just Brit-talk for "enter"--you know, like
saying "lift" instead of "elevator." I like it, and I'm glad she included it.
Just my 2 cents (pence?) worth...

              J.P. Slater       +   "It's not our fault!!"
              UW-Milwaukee      +
            jps@csd.uwm.edu     +       Kei and Yuri...the "Lovely Angels"