Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Playing the numbers

From: Anders Hultman <anders@pfawww.pp.se>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 12:32:17 +0000
Subject: Re: Playing the numbers
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Allen Brunson wrote:

> I don't mind the "isolation" and "i've
> chosen a bad thing to obsess on" themes of "Deeper Understanding."  It's
> the DETAILS she gets wrong.  "I was loading a new program" -- uh huh,
> lots of computer users say THAT

Dosn't Ataris and/or Amigas say that? They were very popular with
musicians at the time TSW was made (several hip-hopers made references
to their Ataris in different raps).

> and "press Execute" ... Um, let's
> see, was it the Lisa that had an 'execute' key?  The Ti-99?

Could be a button on the screen that you press with the mouse, it
doesn't have to be a key on the keyboard.

> I don't watch TV, but if there was a video, let me guess: There
> were rotating, spinning wireframe models on the screen.  Cliches,
> cliches, cliches.

No video AFAIK.

anders
http://www.algonet.se/~anders/