Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Thank you Chris...

From: "Gregg P." <greggp@cris.com>
Date: 29 Jul 1996 23:30:02 GMT
Subject: Thank you Chris...
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

... for reminding what it was that made me decide as of about 6 months ago
to not waste my time posting anything to rec.music.gaffa that might
possibly generate anything more interesting than a "Me too!" or two.

Y'know, I've always felt that you just *might* take RMG (and your role in
it) a bit too seriously -- this latest "frames as apartheid" rant of yours
truly seals the issue once and for all.  For one, you are *really* are
taking all of this *far* too seriously if you feel some need to drag out
one of the more nasty episodes of modern history to lend some weight to
your absurd tirade about Mr. Burkhard's page, and two where in the world do
*you* get off telling someone what they should do with a) their time and b)
their ISP account?

Funny, I don't recall seeing any screaming rants or tirades regarding the
Kate VRML worlds (stunning things, those).  Now, *those* need some serious
horsepower and a primo web browser (plus plug-ins, and plenty of bandwidth)
to even look at, let alone actually enjoy.  Where was your high-toned
rhetoric then?

This newsgroup can be *so* much fun sometimes, but all it takes is a couple
of episodes like this one to remind me just how truly absurd and
self-important some of the folks that pop around in here can be.  Thanks to
everyone that has addressed this topic with any semblance of self-control
and logical argumentation and discussion.  Thank *you* Chris for showing
yourself to be a prime horse's ass, and for giving plenty of folks
hereabouts plenty of reason to feel good about themselves, if only because
they're not acting as childish and banal as you.

And with that, Happy Katemas to one and all.

-- Gregg P.