Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

You Want Alchemy

From: David Hyland <djh@deakin.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 1996 11:18:23 +1000 (EST)
Subject: You Want Alchemy
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Emmy May Lombaerts <lombaeg@mail.interpac.be> wrote:

>     I agree that the lyrics are very poetic and beautiful. But sadly, the
> song as a whole doesn't do much for me at all. In many ways, I was rather
> disappointed with the B-sides from "The Red Shoes". They're not bad (even
> Kate's lesser songs are still tons better than most artists' best ones), but
> still they seem to lack a certain something.. I dunno.. .

I'm with you on this one.  You know, anything by Kate is precious, but
some precious stones gleam more brilliantly than others...

BTW, I've noticed some people here don't like the Trio Bulgarka.  Let me
start a trend by sticking up for them and saying they work *very well*
with Kate Bush's angelic voice.  I think Kate knows what she's doing when
she chooses people to sing with her!

Peace and love,
David.