Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Katemas - Minneapolis, MN, USA

From: "David W. Sundvall" <dsundvall@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 09:42:22 -0700
Subject: Re: Katemas - Minneapolis, MN, USA
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Bryan Dongray wrote:

> Hi Karen,
>
> Since Chicago is dead for a KateMas, I'm offering to host one in Minneapolis,
> which gives us the East Coast, West Coast, and now Middle of the USA.
> OK it's fairly north, but someone else can offer one down south (eg Texas)
> to make a really good spread!
>
> Here's my info:
> ************************************************************************> *  - Bryan Dongray asks RSVP in advance, bring some snacks/food/drink. *
> *                                                                      *
> * Date    Who             Where                   Contact              *
> * ------------------------------------------------------------         *
> * Jul 27  Bryan Dongray   Minneapolis, MN, USA    btd@cray.com         *
> ************************************************************************> Yes, that's the Saturday. Sorry I'm going out all of Sunday,
> and the next week I'm out of the country.
>
> With your RSVP I'll send you an email (ASCII) map and wordy directions.
>
> Also remember to bring all your interesting Kate stuff too, if possible.
> Particularly, books, posters, home ground issues, as I don't have any.
> I *do* have most every track (including demos and live), although not I
> don't have every variant of every countries release of the same song, sorry.
> Seems I'll have to drop down a level of KateFan(tm). BUT I do have *all* the
> videos (if Kyle gets me the TSW ones he said he would) including the LH
> collections), so there'll be plenty to watch, as well as listen to.
> AND I also have the sheet music books, so anyone who's better than me at
> piano/keyboard (which is fairly easy) can have some fun playing to the
> rest of us.
>
> Lots of floor space (bring a sleeping bag or whatever), and some totally
> untidy kids bedrooms (no kids - they're away), if necessary, for anyone
> travelling a longer distance. You will be kicked out Sunday morning though!
>
> By the way Karen, can you alter all your dates to use:
>         Jul 30
> or similar format. The reason is that other countries have a different
> order for month and day. So 8/3 might read "8th March" to people
> somewhere else. Just put "Aug 3" (please).
>
>                         Bryan DongrayARRRRGGG!  I wish I still lived in Minnesota.  I was there all winter and
left for a new job back in Texas in May.  Now I find myself in the middle
of the desert and there is a KaTe-mas party in Minnesota.  As soon as I
find out my travel schedule for the next two weeks, I may opt to host a
KaTeMas party here in El Paso.  I am sure it will turn out to be an
introduction for most people here, but, that is what I have been doing
for the past 10 years since I *discovered* KaTe, introducing my friends
to her.  If someone else, in Dallas for example, takes up the challenge
to host a KaTeMas, I may fly up there for the event.  Either way, I will
let y'all know if I decide to host.

Good luck in Minnesota.  Wish I could be there...